Wednesday 15 December 2010

There Is Only The Future

Dear all,
William Gibson once wrote that "the future is here, it's just not widely distributed yet". I don't think I could describe it better. We increasingly live in the future that we were predicting yesterday. The first year of this blog have passed quite successfully. But I feel that communicating information that is already available in so many different sources is not constructive. Sites like Engaget, Gizmodo, Popular Science and hundreds of others can bring you up to date with the techno-noise of our times. I decided to evolve in different direction.

I realized that I find it enjoyable to elaborate on alternative futures. So from now on, it's going to be only about the future. About things that don't exist yet, but that are possible or even just conceivable. It will be a science-fiction-post-modern-cyber-punk blended mix on reality, technology, politics, economy, culture and whatever else oscillates in my childish geek brain areas.

I decided to start distributing the future not present. 

Because at the end of the day, there is ONLY the Future.

Best wishes,
Geek On Acid

1 comment:

  1. From a practical point of view the present is just as unknowable in its whole as is the future, but as far as I'm concerned, the future is more fun :)

    ReplyDelete